iPod touch button stuck

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fernandovalente, Apr 7, 2010.

1. fernandovalente macrumors 6502

fernandovalente

I got a problem with my iPod touch. Some time ago the power button got stuck. No, I didn't drop it. I really don't know how it happend. I sent it to Apple and they said they will NOT replace it because "you probably dropped it". Anyway, I sent it to Apple Brazil. It's pretty hard to get anything done in Brazil and Apple Brazil really sucks. To you to have an idea, once they told me it was OK to install Mac OS X on a PC, but they just couldn't guarantee it to work. I think I don't need to say more. With those 2 things(Brazil and Apple Brazil) combined, I'm sure there must be something wrong with what they said. Is there anything I could do?

2. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

iPod Touch Sleep/Wake button stuck

Unfortunately this is not as uncommon as it might seem. I see a number of these each month. Often the Sleep/Wake button is stuck in the on position after having been dropped or having been pushed in to far physically breaking the internal button and thus will need to be replaced.

You will need to pretty much disassemble the entire unit. Since you have to get into to it, to fix it, I recommend a new mid-frame and upgraded battery. Please be sure to take very careful measures when removing the digitizer - do not use metal spudgers or exacto knives - they tend to cause a higher rate of glass/digitizer cracks during disassembly.

If you are not the DIY kinda of person....there are many good iPod repair shops out there that can repair this problem but its one of the more expensive iPod Touch repairs.

3. fernandovalente thread starter macrumors 6502

fernandovalente

Thanks for your reply! It's still under warranty, so Apple must replace it. I just wanna know the right way to do that.