iPod Touch: Buy or Wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thedigitalfox, Jun 13, 2008.

1. thedigitalfox macrumors newbie

I have decided against an iPhone, as it would add too much money to our already $150/month family cell phone plan for an iPhone 3G. Instead, I would like to buy an iPod Touch. However, there have been no recent price drops, and Apple tends to release new iPods after the student promotion is finished. I would like an iPod for a 6 week trip to Japan over the summer, since my old iPod is quickly dying. Should I wait, or should I pray to the Apple gods that my old iPod lives for another little while?

2. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I just went ahead and bought it, I figured that I should just be happy with it and not worry about a new model.

3. mauirusty macrumors newbie

4. thedigitalfox thread starter macrumors newbie

How have you liked it so far? Has the battery life been what you had expected etc...?

Waiting would probably be the best thing to do if my iPod wasn't near the end of its life. However, I can wait a little longer, but I can't wait until they finish their promo at the middle of September.

5. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

i'd wait

there are a few things concerning me about the ipod touch such as the battery life, damn scratch attracting back etc

i'm either going iphone next month or waiting for a touch with the same capacity that's cheaper the iphone 3G's announced price in the WWDC keynote and not more expensive

but thats just me... do what you want :cool:

6. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I would expect that the new touch will come out at the beginning of September when it always does...

7. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

I'd wait until the new software is released if you don't want to pay the $9.99 upgrade fee. Otherwise, you might find a good deal on someone wanting to unload their iPod Touch for a iPhone 3G. I regularly see 8GB iPod Touches on the Marketplace or Craigslist for around $200, saving you $100.