Ipod touch - Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eggman32, May 25, 2010.

  1. Eggman32 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 14, 2010
    #1
    Hello all,

    I'm going to be purchasing a new MBP soon, and I will receive the free ipod touch as a part of the back to school deal. I want a 64gb touch, so what I'm wondering is if I should get the current 64gb touch and pay the extra $200, or if I should get the 8gb for free and sell it on ebay, then wait and get the 64gb 4th gen touch in september. Will I be able to sell the 8gb touch for close to $200? Or should I get the 64gb or 32gb with the rebate and pay the difference then sell them because they might have a better chance of selling closer to the actual price? I don't need the touch now and wouldn't care if I would wait till september, I'm gonna have my new mbp to play with. What would be the best deal?
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    iTouch update won't be that significant anyway. 8GB iTouches sell for ~150$ as there are so many available atm due BTS promo. I would just get it now
     
  3. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 14, 2010
    #3
    Ok I guess getting the current 64gb would be ok.. Will it run the OS 4 when it comes out? I guess maybe I'll at least wait till the Apple even in June before I order my MBP and see if they announce the new Ipod Touch updates. If it looks like a significant upgrade Ill buy the MBP and sell the touch and wait for the new ones to come out. Because like I said I don't need one right now, my Ipod Classic 80gb still working fine
     
  4. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #4
    Yes, it will run OS 4.0. Apple doesn't usually announce any updates. We can expect an iPod update after BTS promo so after 7th of September.
     
  5. WiseMarley macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2004
    Location:
    Mountain View, CA
    #5
    I'd get the 64gb one now, and if you decide you want the new one when it comes out then sell it. I think you'll get better resale value with the 64gb as opposed to trying to sell an 8gb.
     

Share This Page