Ipod touch - Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eggman32, May 25, 2010.

1. Eggman32 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm going to be purchasing a new MBP soon, and I will receive the free ipod touch as a part of the back to school deal. I want a 64gb touch, so what I'm wondering is if I should get the current 64gb touch and pay the extra $200, or if I should get the 8gb for free and sell it on ebay, then wait and get the 64gb 4th gen touch in september. Will I be able to sell the 8gb touch for close to $200? Or should I get the 64gb or 32gb with the rebate and pay the difference then sell them because they might have a better chance of selling closer to the actual price? I don't need the touch now and wouldn't care if I would wait till september, I'm gonna have my new mbp to play with. What would be the best deal?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

iTouch update won't be that significant anyway. 8GB iTouches sell for ~150$ as there are so many available atm due BTS promo. I would just get it now

3. Eggman32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I guess getting the current 64gb would be ok.. Will it run the OS 4 when it comes out? I guess maybe I'll at least wait till the Apple even in June before I order my MBP and see if they announce the new Ipod Touch updates. If it looks like a significant upgrade Ill buy the MBP and sell the touch and wait for the new ones to come out. Because like I said I don't need one right now, my Ipod Classic 80gb still working fine

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, it will run OS 4.0. Apple doesn't usually announce any updates. We can expect an iPod update after BTS promo so after 7th of September.

5. WiseMarley macrumors member

I'd get the 64gb one now, and if you decide you want the new one when it comes out then sell it. I think you'll get better resale value with the 64gb as opposed to trying to sell an 8gb.