iPod touch - Calendar alarms

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nerimon, Oct 9, 2007.

1. nerimon macrumors newbie

Hey all!

Well after a quest which I probably spent way more effort on than I should, I finally got myself an 8GB iPod touch ^_^ All celebrate yay!

Anyway I have a question about the Calendar app - yes I know it's not as good as iPhone's one blaaaaah, but I know on iCal you can set little alarms to remind yourself of events, and I didn't know if you could do that on the Touch's Calendar app or not. The reason I ask is because I don't even know if you can do it on the iPhone's one or not, or whether it's a lacking feature in both. I'd find it really helpful for a little note to come up about my events when I unlock my touch, or for it to beep at me - or even for a little red circle to appear on the Calendar icon to tell me I have something going on that day.

So if this isn't possible, is this a feature people would like to see? And if it is possible, I've gone through the whole online touch manual, please tell me how to do it!

2. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

Wondering the same thing (don't have a Touch yet) because this is a feature on my old 3G iPod and would like to know if it still works on the new ones.

How it works for me, anyway, is that in iCal (assuming you have a Mac) you set the event to have an alarm with sound, sync with the iPod, and when the time come both the Mac and the iPod should make a little noise and a message pops up on the screen with the info and a "Press center button to dismiss" message.

Let me know!

3. hughfan macrumors newbie

Yes, it does work the same way on the iPod Touch.

4. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

Exactly the same, with audible noises and everything? That is great news.