iPod Touch Can be seen by Windows but not iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cclloyd, Mar 18, 2014.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

As the title says, we have an iPod touch (the last one that wasn't retina) that can be seen by Windows 8.1, but not iTunes. I followed every step on Apple.com, and even reinstalled iTunes, but it still won't show up. Any ideas?

The only sign that its plugged in is it shows the DCIM folder on My Computer and it charges the iPod.

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

3. ppenn macrumors regular

ppenn

You must uninstall itunes and all components in the order that they are listed in the directions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

then re-install...if the problem continues then it is a computer problem, not itunes. Possibly the OS, possibly the USB port...even though it shows up as a camera folder and is charging, the port could still be faulty.

4. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

It actually showed up on my Mac which is hilarious :p He refuses to get one for some reason.

That fixed it. I uninstalled everything Apple then reinstalled iTunes and it worked.

5. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Thank you for following up with your solution. And keep hounding your friend to get a Mac -- he'll (eventually) thank you for it. :D

6. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

It's actually my bro. I have no idea why he won't get it, considering he uses his iPod all the time, and my AppleTV all the time. Only Apple he doesn't have other than the mac is a GS4.