iPod Touch CANNOT play Music Videos!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by allbrokeup, Apr 21, 2008.

1. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Hi All!!

I have several movies on my iPod that play fine without a hitch, except a Music Video I downloaded from iTunes Store a while ago, it works on my Mac, but on my iPod, all I see is the picture and no audio. I have tried EVERYTHING.

Steps I have taken:

Re-Syncing it onto the iPod
    Updating Quicktime
    Playing it in iTunes while syncing it
    Downloading another copy

Nothing.

I am getting very angry with this issue as this iPod is my first one capable of Video Playback and I really want to play Music Videos, not just Movies.

Can anybody help me with this????

allbrokeup

2. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I think the problem is that you didn't use enough exclamation marks in the title of the thread. Maybe if you used more, the video would start working. That's how i fixed mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneone!!!!

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

and that was helpfull how?
    OP: have you tried restoring?

4. btija macrumors newbie

Touchy is capabile of playing and viewing music videos, trust me, i have over 20, 1 hour plus of them stored on mine:D. Loading them is no different than any other video:confused:. Simply, strip the MM off the movie, compress it if you need to, convert it to touch's format, sink it using itunes, and view it in your video's app:D! It's that easy, should take you know more than 2 hours to do, happy viewing!

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

They have the video on their iPod, the problem is no audio will play. Actually read before you post.

6. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Are you playing the music video through the "Videos" tab in the iPod or are you trying to play from a playlist in the "Playlists" tab?

If you play a video through a playlist, it only plays the audio and shows a picture. If you tap Videos then the video will play in the video player.

And if you get no sound you can try unplugging headphones, and plugging them back in firmly (don't force them down in). OR there may be some dirt/lint in the dock connector area. Sometimes my twin todlers grab my iPhone and i get error messages stating that the dock connector device doesn't support audio or some feature. Check the dock connector for dirt/debris, blow it out gently (DONT stick anything in there).

Sometimes my audio would cut out (speakers and headphones) until I re-plugged headphones into the iPhone.

And you can alwyas trying rebooting the Touch (hold the lock button til the shutdown slider appears, then press again to start back up).

7. allbrokeup thread starter macrumors 6502

I am playing it through Videos (the App)

It doesnt matter though, another one worked beautifully. It just seems to be that one....????

cheers!

allbrokeup