iPod Touch Can't Be Restored (Stuck at 98%)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UltanCasey, Jun 6, 2010.

1. UltanCasey macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch suddenly crashed yesterday and I decided that I would restore the device to fix it. When I made an attempt at restoring it, the ipod got stuck at about 98% complete. I've tried to restore multiple times. I don't understand why it can't complete the restore. I've reinstalled iTunes and I've tried to alt-click the restore and select the .ipsw file. It constantly gets stuck at exactly the same point. I've tried to see if I can restore in xcode but firstly it can't find it as "Ultan Casey's iPod" (It sees it as "iPod")and also it gets stuck at exactly the same spot (98). Please help me. I really want to get my iPod back.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If you have wifi sync installed you need to erase it and uninstall it from your computer.

3. UltanCasey thread starter macrumors newbie

How would that prevent me from restoring my device?

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

That's the problem. Trust me.

5. mrbossman macrumors newbie

Thanks appleguy - worked for me on an iPhone 3GS 16GB also.

Get rid of wifisync & you will be able to fully restore.

6. Curveo macrumors newbie

Same prob, got it to work though

So i had the exact same problem but i wasn't able to uninstall wireless sync because my iPod Touch was already in restore mode.. I did get mine to restore by setting up iTunes on one of my Windows machines and going through restore then sync with mac itunes and restore backup. Weird problem though.