iPod Touch can't surf the web and play music at same time

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Boourns, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Boourns macrumors newbie

I know the touch's Safari is pretty buggy and frequently crashes, but more often than not, if I try to view web sites (everything from the official apple site, google, gmail, every single messageboard), the music always eventually stops and safari often promptly quits itself. If Safari does not quit itself, and I try to restart music by bringing up the music controls while the page loads, nothing happens. I'll press the play button 20 times and nothing happens while a page is loading in the background. I'm currently running 1.1.2, and I did not jailbreak (in case I have to return it).

2. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

This is you having too many web pages open and they are taking up too much memory, and because of this Safari tells other apps to shut down to make room for more memory.

3. gmanrique macrumors 6502

have you tried 1.1.3?

The free upgrade, not the $20 one. It might be part of the 'Bug fixes' included there. I have not noticed this issue and I have the 1.1.3 firmware plus the $20 :( unlock applied to it.

4. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

Update to 1.1.3. That was a bug that I've been waiting for apple to fix since I got my touch. I beleive they have fixed It with this update because it hasn't happened since I updated.

5. br1anc macrumors regular

mine did both fine even before the new update.

6. Boourns thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the updates, everyone.

I don't see how memory can be an issue when there's only one web page open at the time. How much does it have, anyway?