Ipod touch case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Jamesl94, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Hi guys,

basically, buying a Ipod touch on Wednesday and I am looking to buy a case.

Basically, I want to have absoloutly no scratches on the back of the Ipod. It's like I have OCD against having the nice shiny shiny back scratched.

So, my question is, will using thing plastic clear tape on the back protect in from scratches, then I just put a skin in the top?

What plastic tape is the best? Which leather-looking case with a cover the best?

James

2. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

I am not to sure how well clear tape would work, but I would recomend an invisible shield to protect the whole devise. Then the. Get some sort of slip/sleve case to stop dirt getting in the corners. Hope this helps :)

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i would actually recommend against the invisible shield as it tends to collect dust in the corners and also is a real pain to put on. just get one of the hard cases. like the incase slider. expensive but a one time cost. btw the slider costs 35 bucks in store. and get a power support anti-glare film to prevent fingerprints.
    links for both

anti glare film
    glossy film
    incase slider case
    have fun with ur scratch free touch! :D

4. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

GET INVISIBLESHIELDS!!!

I got an invisibleshield full body protection for my iPod 1st generation, and installed it right after taking the fresh iPod out of the box. It had no dust or scratches on the back, and after having the iPod for awhile, I finally sold it on craigslist a week ago for $165 in perfect condition, and it was only 8gb! Invisibleshield also makes it easier to use the touch screen as your fingers don't--I don't know how to put it--squeak and kinda catch on the glass screen. It gives it a rubbery feel which gives it a better grip, and the invisibleshields never scratch either. They took me by surprise on how they felt rubbery instead of like a hard plastic, but after a day of using the iPod touch, I grew to like them very much. If you want a high resale value on your iPod because it is in perfect condition, then get invisibleshield

They are also great because they dont cover up the great look of iPods. I got one of those silicone cases with the cord wrap on the back, but ended up trashing it because it covered up my iPod. iPods are designed great and should not be covered up by anything. Thats why I got invisibleshields which add no bulk to your iPod.

I highly recommend them.

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

6. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

I got my new iPod Touch on Father's Day and I love it. but after a week it was scratched to hell, I tried rubbing it with silver polish but it never quite looked the same. I thought it was high time I get a protective case for it. A short time ago, I picked one metal case up at Uxsight store because I liked the specially design and its hard shell. BTW, I think switcheasy's RebelTouch case seems too pricey. if you want to get a cheap one, Uxsight maybe is your choice. http://www.uxsight.com/category/56170/ipod-cases.html :)

7. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

How about this metal ipod case. Just come across it:D
    [​IMG]

8. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Now that is what I call a case!

Just got an iPod Touch yesterday. Any suggestions for an airband so I could wear it at the gym. I've been using my 5 year old iPod mini for... well... 5 years.

9. sonicalpha macrumors newbie

sonicalpha

10. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

Ok, have a view on http://www.uxsight.com/category/168093/ipod-armbands.html
    They will provide tons of different armbands for your new iPod Touch at unbelievable prices. You can probably find it for a lot less! You can also buy it from http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Armbands&x=0&y=0

Try to find them and get one.

Good Luck!

11. Andy789 macrumors newbie

I use a silicon sleeve

The GRIFFIN sleeve is nice in the hand and keeps the back of the Touch well protected. The screen is protected with plastic film.

12. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

13. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

Don't worry about that. The metal case was such a weight. it's very strong...:D

14. celticpride678

I use the iFrogz Luxe case. Cheap, but great.

15. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

Check the following novel cases, and tell me which one do you like better?

Knitted iPod Case

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wood cases:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FLACTRON Re-nano titanium case(about $818, too pricey )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. sravana macrumors regular

I strongly do *not* recommend the incase hard case. I ordered from the apple store, and the guy I talked to said it was "white" - no. It's not white. It's basically clear, and you can see all the dust underneath it all the time. :mad:

I would like to hear opinions of the iSkin Touch Duo: http://www.iskin.com/touchduo/?cart=1245941535176046

I rather like the look of it, and the clear plastic screen protector would work well when I carry the Touch in my bag (right now it's in a small cloth drawstring bag, in addition to the incase POS case).

Does anyone use the iskin case?

17. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

I've heard that those rubber molds can scratch up the chrome bezel. I've never bought one to tell you of my experiences

18. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Another option would be a leather case. NoreveUSA makes a great one for the Touch, and using "July4th" (no quotes) as discount code you can save 15% right now. Several colors too. There is another style of case on that site as well, for a little less money.

19. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

NoreveUSA's leather cases are bright in style, but It's a little overpriced. ;)

20. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

frankly, the clear cases someone was talking about aren't all that good, it mkaes your ipod bulky and some people have had trouble getting them off so i suggest getting an incase slider and the shields i posted links to in my previous post.

21. Machorky macrumors newbie

Machorky

Homemade iPod Touch case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Orla Kiely-inspired felt case for IPod Touch. This homemade iPod Touch case is designed and made by Wendy.:D