Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClassicMac247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Brick, NJ
When will Apple create and iPod Touch case? Even incase hasnt created a case yet. If anyone knows the whereabouts of a Touch case please inform me, I'm afraid to bring it any where without one.:)

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
I haven't seen any "official" cases but on the streets of the city there are off-brand skins available for $10.

On that same note, touch and iPhone screens are the same size right? So if I wanted to just buy an iPhone screen protector that would be ok, right?

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
If you're in the Toronto, Canada area, you can pick up one of these for $15. They're silicone so your touch won't slip from your hands. Looks great too.

Good luck finding one. :)

1732897140_cdf4e9af5d.jpg

1732897338_e1777e74ca.jpg

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
That case is pretty nice looking!

I'm also looking for a case, with a removable belt clip for the gym

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
i went to BestBuy today and got a D-Lo Jam Jacket , it's a nice smooth silicone case. It's really slick , comes with a screen protector that feels nice and is less prone to smudging that the glass of the Touch. It also has some sort of ear bud cord management system on the back that i have yet to figure out and probably wont really use anyway. The Touch sill feels thin and slick , it doesn't really add any bulk at all , and now I'm not afraid to take it out of the house

2w4xm6u.jpg

2j27nlj.jpg

24edu83.jpg

emissary

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
If you're in the Toronto, Canada area, you can pick up one of these for $15. They're silicone so your touch won't slip from your hands. Looks great too.

If you don't mind my asking, at what store in Toronto did you find the case?

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
When will Apple create and iPod Touch case? Even incase hasnt created a case yet. If anyone knows the whereabouts of a Touch case please inform me, I'm afraid to bring it any where without one.:)

They (Incase) sure do! I have a black case and the wife has the pink one Incase makes for the touch. They are quite nice too. The Apple Store sells them, but you need to catch them when they are in stock.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
If you don't mind my asking, at what store in Toronto did you find the case?

I got it from a store at Pacific Mall (Steeles and Kennedy-Markham, ON). Sorry, couldn't remember the store name...their receipt didn't have their store name printed. I'm sure you will find a store there. There are tons selling cell phone accesories.

Good luck. :)

iMouseHD

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
I picked up the Leather(?) incase from Apple store and its kinda meh...I will trade it out for something else when there is more option for me down the road. It has a belt clip that can not be removed and it is nice and soft on the inside but kinda a tight fit in getting the touch seated.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
I picked up the Leather(?) incase from Apple store and its kinda meh...I will trade it out for something else when there is more option for me down the road. It has a belt clip that can not be removed and it is nice and soft on the inside but kinda a tight fit in getting the touch seated.

Yes, the all leather one (black) is really tight but looks good. Mine is slowly stretching out and the headphone hole is becoming less of a hassle. My wife has the pink one that has a neoprene sleeve and a leather face - that one is really nice and fits quite well - but it's pink. :rolleyes:

Ivriniel

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
I got my iPod Touch yesterday. I bought a DLO Hipcase with it.

I'm going back to the Apple Store today to return the case. It's offgassing something fierce, and if I try to wear it, the smell gives me a headache.

I could put it out on the porch for week and wait for the smell to disapate but what do I do with my iPod in the meantime?

*grumble*

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Old thread, but here are a few more cases to consider: NoreveUSA.com offers two for the Touch, and they are available in several colors of leather. eforcity.com offers several very inexpensive sylicone cases.

I've got some of both. Save 15% at Noreve with "Summer08" as a coupon code through September 15th.

itsm3cmg

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008

Good luck finding one. :)

1732897140_cdf4e9af5d.jpg

1732897338_e1777e74ca.jpg

I actually have the exact same case(I got mine at Radio Shack MN). Mine came in a 2 pack with a clear one and black one, only $15. By the way I never did know what the two lines in the back were, do you know what they are for?

EDIT- Mine also came w/ a lanyard strap aswell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.