iPod Touch - Charge but no sync.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DEP, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DEP macrumors newbie

Here is the problem with my ipod touch it happened out of no where. My PC computer and my mac laptop both will not even acknowledge that the ipod is plugged in, it will not come up as an unknown device or anything. It just acts as if nothing was plugged in at all (and of course it does not come up on itunes either). The ipod will charge but when plugged in the screen does not come on, but it is still charging. Also when plugged in and charging the little lightning bolt in the top right corner does not come on at all its just the solid green battery. Another odd thing is that it will play music perfectly fine through the headphones and also on my ihome. The ipod is jailbroken but I have not used or added anything application for a long time or even songs i used the ipod one day and the next it acted like this.. Im just wondering if anyone has had the same or a similar problem. or even may know a solution.. (the reason that I have not brought it to apple yet is because im afraid they wont repair the ipod or maybe blacklist it because it is jailbroken and I cannot master reset the ipod because i cannot connect to itunes...)

2. DEP thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Paintball36 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, all I did was restart my computer and it worked again... Maybe I got lucky.

You could try re-installing Itunes?

4. DEP thread starter macrumors newbie