iPod Touch Completely Bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrBananarama, May 11, 2012.

1. MrBananarama macrumors newbie

I was restoring an iPod 2nd generation through iTunes and the whole process went fine but when it said my iPod was restarting, the progress bar was about three quaters of the way along, the screen went black and nothing happened. Completely dead. Not seen by iTunes or the computer. Nothing on screen. I tried leaving it to disagree then reconnecting it again, holding down home while plugging it in, still nothing. All I have is a £200 dead paperweight do I will do almost anything to get it working because it is useless otherwise. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. MacMan1321 macrumors newbie

DFU Mode

Try putting it in DFU mode also if you got it because you jailbroke your :apple: Ipod. Don't do it again because those apps on cydia are known to make your ipod crash.

Knowledge by past expirence and Friends.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

That statement s complete BS it coincides with your newbie classification

5. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top lock button, then hold the home button. Keep holding them both for 15 seconds.

6. Binarymix macrumors 65816

Well, other than the 'don't do it again' part, he's right. Some tweaks can cause crashing/spinning wheel of death.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

That are unrecoverable?

8. MrSEC macrumors regular

The above post should work.

I've had this to happen a few times with my wife's and my 1st gen ipod's that I had jailbroken.I always got it too finally work,but sometimes it takes some patience.Try plugging it into another USB port and try what MOKHAN posted...it may take more than one try. I always got them rocovered,but sometimes I would just get frustrated and try it again the next day with success.