iPod Touch connecting to iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Allenmccarty11, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Allenmccarty11 macrumors newbie

I have never had a problem with my ipod touch, until recently I updated my ipod (which its been forever) it completely erased my media, which is fine, but it also will not connect to itunes. I tried all the steps on apple.com, updating itunes software trying different usb ports, i even tried another computer. whenever i connect the ipod it makes a sound confirming it is connected, opens itunes, but no icon. I am beginning to think that i might have messed it up when a buddy of mine put 3rd party apps on it. I also tried using another ipod to confirm it wasnt the computer and it connected fine. am i missing something? someone plz help me out

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Did you try a hard reset?
    Press home and power long enough to get the ipod to reboot. Deletes all content tho.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you put the 3.0 Beta firmware on it you have to be a developer and register the device at Apple's developer site before your iTunes will let you put media on it. Mine showed up in itunes on my iMac but generated that notice until I registered it. It shows up in itunes on my PC but still doesn't won't let me do anything with it.

4. Allenmccarty11 thread starter macrumors newbie

so i have to pay? do you know the solution? is there any way i can get my ipod back to its original state?

5. Allenmccarty11 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i tried. it just shut it off, didnt really reboot? i dunno if im doing it right?
    but it didnt seem to work.

6. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

So you put the 3.0 beta that's for developers on your iPod Touch even though you're not a registered developer and didn't pay any attention to the fact that you can't downgrade and can't upgrade until 3.0 is released to the public in the summer?

7. Allenmccarty11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well what happened is that a buddy of mine threw it on there, he had to downgrade to the original version to do so, and i just wanted to update it and completely whipe everything from my ipod. and just have a normal one iwht no 3rd party apps. i still got all my media but cant put it on there.. is this FUBAR or can i fix it somehow?