iPod Touch Continuously Booting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by obrien234, May 9, 2009.

1. obrien234 macrumors regular

Hi All,

I have a 32 GB jailbroken iPod touch that is continuously rebooting itself about every 3-5 seconds. I neglected it for a few days while I couldn't remember what dirty shirt pocket it was in and once I charged it for a bit, it worked fine. Then randomly while I was using it, it started doing this boot cycle. It shows the apple logo with the black background, then the screen gets mildly brighter and then a distorted white screen flashes and repeat. No liquids or anything have really come in contact so I'm confused on what caused it.

My computer will recognize the iPod and says it needs to be connected to iTunes. Once I've done that it, I try to restore it and it says "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1611)." I've tried attaching it in DFU mode and even just restoring it with the Red Snow Beta 3.

Any suggestions? And if I need to go to the Apple Store, will they be able to tell I jailbroke it?

Thanks.

2. F1rE macrumors newbie

I tryed for ONE MONTH to restore it i got the same error 1611...tryed to restore it on diferent computer ,mac ,DFU mode ,recovery mode,hard reset,all versions of iTunes ,all usb ports ,other data cable , did someone had this error and fixed it ???? pls i`ll apreciate it so much !