iPod Touch creating untitled playlist when plugged in

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GUILTIE, May 9, 2008.

1. GUILTIE macrumors regular

I've noticed that when I plug in my iPod to the computer, an untitled playlist is sometimes found on my iPod, when I never created one. I was wondering if anyone else has been having a similar problem on theirs. I have an iPod touch 1.1.4 jailbroken with ZiPhone.

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I had that on my iPod classic... kept on creating new "on the go" playlists, even though I never made any. My touch doesn't do that tho.

3. GUILTIE thread starter macrumors regular

Did it ever go away?

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Yes funnily enough it did go away. I bought my classic back in September and I've always updated it to the newest firmware since, I'm not sure which update did it, but one day it stopped the multiple playlist thing.

Investing in the June firmware update for the iPod touch seems a good idea, let's hope that the people at Apple noticed the glitch. Though I'm having the problem on my touch that sometimes it assigns wrong album art to albums in the album preview (not when the song actually plays). I'm sure it'll all get fixed with the new firmware update though.

offhand though nothing ever goes away unless the software is changed, so I doubt it'll go away without a firmware update.