iPod touch current location on map app.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OldMacGuy, Mar 23, 2010.

1. OldMacGuy macrumors newbie

I access the internet on my iPod touch using airport extreme WiFi. The airport and iPod touch were setup in Michigan. I temporarily moved to FL, (using same airport extreme) but on the iPod Touch Map app, my current location continues to show as Michigan.

How do I change either the airport or iPod touch to reflect my current location when accessing the Map app.

Thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It reflects your address in iTunes I had the same issue till I remembered to update iTunes to show my new address.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

The location service on the Touch utilizes the Skyhook service which is a database of known wifi locations that have been mapped. It uses the unique mac address of your wifi router to identify where you are so if you are using the same router its mac address is currently still mapped to its previous Michigan location.

You can correct it by manually entering your mac address and current location on the Skyhooks site HERE but it can take sometime for the new information to finally get updated and filter down to Google maps.