iPod Touch Cydia Crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jonthebon, May 24, 2010.

1. jonthebon, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

jonthebon macrumors newbie

jonthebon

Hi, I' just jailbroke my iPod yesterday and already Cydia keeps crashing. It started crashing after a short time so I haven't got anything like open SSH or Icy. I've heard you need Open SSH to solve the problem...do any of you know how I can get Cydia working again? Thanks in advance...

2. graemeh88 macrumors member

ive got the same problem, its due to upgrading part of cydia.
    has far as ive found, unless you already had ifile, mobile terminal, or open ssh installed, your pretty much out of luck

3. jonthebon thread starter macrumors newbie

jonthebon

Should I restore?

Oh Great. thanks anyway. Does anyone know if restoring your ipod, then restoring from a backup loses anything at all? Or is it possible to reinstall cydia?

4. graemeh88 macrumors member

reinstalling cydia means redoing jailbreak, so you lose all that stuff
    and not too sure about restoring from back up. i would assume if back up is from before issues, it should work

5. sysor macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking More Than Twice

I jailbroke my itouch and un jailbroke it a couple of times. I want to jailbreak it again but it says in error when adding sources... It says something like " Old files used or ignored blah blah blah... So it won't let me add sources, so whats the point without installous? Can someone please help me? :( And my sister jailbroke her itouch too. She can't add sources either but never unjailbroke it. :(:(:(:(

6. stuart88 macrumors newbie

Here is a software that can transfer all iPod content to the iTunes on your computer, including iPod music, movies, playlists, videos, podcasts, ratings, last played, and more. It's such a powerful one that many friends around me have used it for a long time. Easy and safe.

ipod to pc