iPod Touch Deal at Target - is the 8Gig going away?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zathras, Mar 9, 2008.

1. zathras macrumors member

zathras

I looked and didn't see this mentioned in the iPod Touch or this forum so here goes (if I missed it sorry - just redirect and close).

Anyway Target advertised a $50 gift card instantly with an 8Gig Touch for $299. I was there tonight and they also had a price cut on them today and they are actually $279. So that make it $229 effectively - if you would be spending $50 at Target anyway...

Makes me think they are clearing out the 8s now that the SDK is here...

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I woudn't be surprised to see them drop the 8G, and lower the price on the 16G and 32G. I can't see them keeping three different Touch models.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I say we get a price drop when or before 2.0 comes out. No more 8Gig touch, and the 16 and 32 get 50 dollar price drops (or maybe more). Or they might wait to do it all at once at the annual special event. Forget it I have no clue.

4. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

it's probably because they can't put them on "sale." target does the gift card thing a lot on products that they can't actually discount. i noticed at costco they have the bose sound dock bundled with a monster FM transmitter cable, since they can't discount bose.

5. Hoo03 macrumors regular

I saw it today at target too. Also target appeared to have $30 gift card or install discount on bose soundock.

6. Antimatter macrumors regular

I say drop the 8gb, 16gb for $300 and the 32gb for $400.

Oh, and then add a 16gb nano:cool:

7. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

i'm guessing that'll be the next big ipod addition.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

They do this all the time. This doesn't really mean anything for the iPod line. The price cut was likely without the upgrade.