iPod touch deleted the song I was playing when the battery died...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ubuntu, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Hey,

This isn't a major problem, I've uploaded the song again, but I thought it was odd. The iPod ran out of juice, and turned off, so I charged it via the mains, and searched for the song, but it was gone.

Anyone else had this? Like I said, no big deal, but odd.

2. BioCore macrumors regular

Hmm that sounds interesting! I don't own an iPod but I think this could be due to the fact that the memory is flash based. So when the song was playing and the battery/juice died the exact little memory slot that held the song probably got flashed or just lost power at the exact spot.

I say could be, cause I am not sure. Although this is just my guess from what I have read about flash drives/cards and studied at school in physics! But I mean if it doesn't cause any big damage, then it shouldn't be dangerous. :apple:

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Never, I have only let the battery die once. As long as it doesn't delete my notes or calendar additions, I'll be fine... if those go, I'll be smashing my iPod into people's faces.

4. Ollie1216 macrumors newbie

Ollie1216

Wow... Can you just feel the love in this useless post? :rolleyes:

5. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Don't you insult Vigilante!!! He rocks sooooo much!

6. FatalShot macrumors newbie

Probably just some funky little glitch Apple never found when testing...lmao @ it though! :p

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

You mean I can't even troll to blow off steam of having finals at 7AM? :D I define useless!