ipod touch digitalizer repair query

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Christian360, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Christian360 macrumors newbie

Hi would really appritiate some help, i broke my digitalizer and lcd on my ipod touch 2g, the lcd works fine now i have replaced it, i havent connected the new bezel to the digitalizer yet but i tested to see if the new digitalizer would work on its own by connecting the ribbon cable however it didnt, i was wondering if anyone ells has done this or will it work once i have connected the bezel and set it all in place with the home button circuit board connected to it to.... all the parts are correct and are ttested to work. Please help me!!!

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I did the whole process some months ago and had a similar experience when testing the digitizer but it all worked once it was put back together. I have a feeling the home button component has to be touching the mainboard, from memory I think I managed to test it by aligning the whole digitizer\bezel into place without actually snapping it back into place.

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

The above is incorrect.
    The digitizer will work if simply plugged into the top left connector. The home button doesn't have to be connected.

You can hold the digitizer up out of the ipod and it should still work.
    If it isn't working, make sure it is connected properly and actually 'popped' into the connector. the ribbon shouldn't just fall out if pulled or anything.

did your old digitizer work even though it was smashed? Could try it back in the ipod if it did. If not, you may need to send that one back.

good luck.