Ipod touch dilemma

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dytoonn, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Dytoonn macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I know there are already some topics about this 'issue' but I haven't found a solution yet. I also think my problem is slightly different.

So, here's the thing: I live in Belgium,E urope, and I have the possibility buying an ipod touch in the USA. (Here we pay around 219€ (=320 USD) for the 8gb version, and 279€ (=408 USD) for the 16gb version.)

So basically, when I buy an ipod touch in the USA it only costs me 156€ (=229 USD) for the 8gb version, or 204€ (=299 USD) for the 16 gb version. So I have on both models a profit of approximately 70€ (=102 USD).

I'm a student so you all need to know buying an ipod touch costs me a lot of my 'savings'. I have about 6gb music, and a lot of movies. Now I have a rubbish 1gb mp3-player, so I really can't imagine that 8gb won't be enough. To me, it sounds like a lot of space. But once you're putting movies onto it, I know 8gb isn't that much.

So basically the question is: Is this 48€ (70USD) worth the 8gb extra space, even when I'm not sure if I need it?
    I mean, for that money I almost could buy an old iphone 8gb! Unfortunately the Iphone 3g became way to expensive and almost impossible to buy for a 'foreigner'...

I hope you took the time to read the whole text, because it may be a bit confusing since my English isn't that tremendous. ;)

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got an 8gb Touch, and find it's has enough memory to keep a few videos, much of my Music collection, and 6 apps with still room to spare. However the App store can get to be a little addictive, and if you're intending on collecting every free an many paid apps available you'll need the 16gb version no question. The new 16gb model sells for the same price that the old 8gb model used to sell for. Worth it.

3. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I have an 8gb 1st gen that i got for my birthday in December and I find it to be more than enough space and i ahve alot of apps. I would buy the 8gb because for another 70 i would get the 2gb shuffle for physical activities and to bring to school and such.

4. linden macrumors regular

linden

I have a 8gb iPod touch. And only about 50 songs! I though eh. Its going to be way more then enough room! But after useing it for a few month I relised how awesome of a video player it is! And how many apps there are now! So Yea. I had to go out and buy a 16 gb. Trust me. When you get it your going to put a hole bunch of stuff on then. Becouse you can. Go with the 16 gb! Get it now. Thank me later.

5. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

THe 8gb should be fine I keep about 5gb of music on it, 4 pages of apps, and then I rotate videos as I watch them, and that works well for me.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Get as much space as you can afford. I have a 16GB iPhone and it's too cramped for me. I wish I had waited until the 32GB version came out.