IPod Touch Discounts or Upcoming Promotions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shimmer73083, Feb 28, 2009.

1. shimmer73083 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am in the market for a new iPod Touch 2G 16 gig and was curious if anyone new of the best way I can get the most for my money. Obviously, I know the iPods don't really get cheaper unless they refresh the line but if anyone knows of any upcoming special offers at any retailers, like bundles, or something, I would love to know.

Thanks!!

2. CSilver macrumors 6502

If you look at Buyer's Guide for Ipod Touch 2G, it apparently says 15~18days left till update or something like that. I have been waiting for Ipod Touch since it came out but I needed the Macbook before I purchased Ipod. I am going to wait till that time comes then decide either to buy one or not...
    It is totally up to you when to buy it but for the discounts/ promotions, I don't know any of it unless its the back to school promotion from Apple during June ~ Sept? something like that.
    -Chris-

3. blackbelt534 macrumors regular

The only thing that could be coming in the next couple months is higher capacity, the line won't be refreshed until september

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You get a free one in the summer if you are a student.

Then they refresh them in September.

5. shimmer73083 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting...what does that mean - end of a product cycle? That they are refreshing the line again soon? Maybe adding more capacity? I will wait until the end of March I guess - I just really want one! My Ipod now is a 1G white Nano, which I love.

I also heard that Best Buy next week will be having a bundle of the Touch, wall charger and I think a hard case, though I don't know of the price.

6. da151 macrumors newbie

What does the iPhone 3.0 software event announcement mean for hardware updates to the touch? I think they might be on hold, but it is due.

As far as promotions go I still like buying from Amazon. $284 for a 16 gig plus free shipping and no sales tax.

7. shimmer73083 thread starter macrumors newbie

Best Buy Sale This Week

To anyone who is still interested, Best Buy is having the following sale with the 16 GB iPod Touch:

- Buy the iPod Touch = 299.99
    - Buy the Car and Home Adapter
    - Buy a Clear Hard Case
    = 334.97

Sounds pretty good but I'm holding out until Tuesday.