ipod touch disk read

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macfanboy, Aug 17, 2008.

1. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

this morning, i opened up mobile finder. instead of the usual home (where the pics, music, etc. is), the screen showed 'iPhone HD' and its contents, even though its an ipod touch. i was able to browse perfectly, finding the applications folder, etc. has this happened to anyone else? im surprised apple didnt find this while reviewing this application because people could easily delete their whole ipod. pic for proof below.

EDIT: more proof: at the bottom it shows 65.72 mb available, even though i have over 5 gb's available. this is the OS partition

Attached Files:

2. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

This happened to me once. Unfortunately, it was a one-time occurence -- I haven't been able to replicate it.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Doesn't that mean that if the mobile finder can access the OS partition then one could jailbreak the iPhone/iPod touch using just what's available in the SDK?

5. macfanboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

+1

no, because even if u FTP into your ipod, it will still take you to your MobileFinder home screen

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I understand that, but doesn't that meant that there is somehow an exploit (or a glitch) that allows you to read/write the other partition of the iPod/iPhone. So in theory if the right application took advantage of this flaw it'd be an easy jailbreak method.