Ipod touch, dock connector pins messed up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by skull333, Mar 30, 2008.

1. skull333 macrumors newbie

Hi, i've been an owner of the ipod touch since it first came out, but recently I have had trouble connecting it to a PC.

I realized it was due to something wrong with the pins on the bottom of the ipod touch. In order for the computer to recognize it, I would have to constantly apply pressure to the cable in order for my mac to recognize it.

The cable can stay in, it doesn't fall out... but it just needs pressure to push it more into it? i guess... Yet, the ipod is perfectly fit and recognized when I put it in my iHome, I guess the pins from the iHome are long enough to reach.

Anyway, my question is, is there a way for me to fix the connector? or possibly buy an add on to the ipod touch's connector to help it become more recognized?
    Thanks

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

You might want to try another connector cord. If you're lucky that might be all it is.

3. skull333 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I tried another connector, still had issues with connecting. I'm pretty sure it's my ipod's connectors.

Do you think the apple store could fix this problem for a reasonable price?

Thanks

4. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If it's less than a year old and it is a mechanical defect, you should get a replacement with no problem. Take it to the Apple Store.

5. skull333 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow, really? I got it this past fall, so it is under 1 year. I can bring it in and get a free replacement? That seems too good to be true...

Well ill schedule an appointment at the genius bar this weekend.
    Thanks