ipod touch does not charge on old pc? help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sargent bannana, Jun 28, 2008.

1. sargent bannana macrumors member

ok so i went to egypt with my family this summer and i went to my grandfathers house in egypt he has an OLD pc yes a pc (shrugs) thats pretty much crap its a 500mgh 128mb pentium 3 pc it strait out sucks and when i plugged in the ipod to the usb in that back the ipod does not charge i do not have itunes installed on his computer do i need itunes to charge? i can charge it fine on my pc at home but is it because his usb is 1.0 and 2.0 because i had that problem with an old laptop anyways i dont know whats going on because the computer recognises it when pluged in and then says this device can preform faster but the ipod however does not charge and i cant install itunes because he does not have enough space its only a 17 gb hd pc which is sad that my ipod touch is way better and faster and everything when its like 1/200 the size of the hedious looking pc
    :apple::apple::apple: FTW!

2. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

The old pc has USB 1.0 whereas iPod requires USB 2.0 to charge. So you`re out of luck here. And BTW you dont need iTunes installed to charge an iPod. You`ll have to charge it via a wall outlet only. They are pretty cheap nowadays.

3. sargent bannana thread starter macrumors member

ty very much for the reply but i do have 2 problems with chargeing it in the wall 1 i am goign to need a wall gerger thing from apple which is hard to find in egypt scince apple does not operate directly in egypt but they do in the middle east i believe and 2 i am going to need domething to plug the carger in to plug it into the wall scince the prongs are diffrent here lol ty for the help