iPod touch iPod Touch Durability...

adamyoshida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Basically, I've got a 5G Video which I adore. It's, by far, the best piece of electronic gear that I've ever owned. It's also, so far as I can tell, pretty durable. It's taken a year of constant use...

If the iPod 6G is a full-faced device like the iPhone, is it going to be notably less tough and durable than the the 5G? In particular, I'm thinking of the occassional drop, even in a case.

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
The thing has not even been released, starting there. But I do suppose it'll be similar to the 5g if it has an HDD, if not it'll be much more resistant.

adamyoshida

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
The thing has not even been released, starting there. But I do suppose it'll be similar to the 5g if it has an HDD, if not it'll be much more resistant.
I'm thinking more of the screen. We must have some idea, given the iPhone's time on the market.

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
The iPhones screen has proven to be really scratch resistant. Google it and see the vids, really amazing sometimes.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
yeah the iphone screen is incredibly scratch resistant. there videos of people trying to scratch with knives, keys, etc.

Gen3tix

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
Haha yea, we don't even know for sure what's being released tomorrow.

However...if this "iPod Touch" is real, I'd think they would use the same touch-screen technology and material as the iPhone. So, sure I guess it would be pretty durable and scratch resistant.

Only about 12 hours left though until we know what's up!

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Basically, I've got a 5G Video which I adore. It's, by far, the best piece of electronic gear that I've ever owned. It's also, so far as I can tell, pretty durable. It's taken a year of constant use...

If the iPod 6G is a full-faced device like the iPhone, is it going to be notably less tough and durable than the the 5G? In particular, I'm thinking of the occassional drop, even in a case.
It hasn't even been annouced or released.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
yeah the iphone screen is incredibly scratch resistant. there videos of people trying to scratch with knives, keys, etc.
I've been pretty impressed with my iPhones screen.

It's not scratch-proof of shatter-proof, but it's pretty resistant to both.

If a new video iPod is released and has a similar screen, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. :)