Ipod Touch Durability?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HP3000HYD, Jun 11, 2008.

1. HP3000HYD macrumors newbie

HP3000HYD

Hi, just got a TOUCH :),
    wondering about the durability of all the buttons,

I mean, will this sweet thing last a good long time?

thanks,

also, as far as applications, any that I can add to it?

2. aosman macrumors 6502

I have had my iPod Touch since launch, it is still in great condition (granted I try to keep it that way). In terms of Apps, you can either wait for the 2.0 software (a 9.99$ purchase around the end of this month) or jailbreak it and install apps.

3. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

Ive always wondered how long the touch battery last? Before it just dies and you have to replace your Touch

4. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

I've had mine since launch. Use it every single day. Have dropped it over 5 times (concrete as well as indoors) and not one single scratch on the screen (thought bezel and back is dented). All the buttons still work like the first day i got it.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

i've had mine for a year on September 25th 2008, and currently I can't see a noticebale difference or decline in battery performance.

R-Fly

6. HP3000HYD thread starter macrumors newbie

HP3000HYD

Fantastic!!!

Yes, the chrome back is "sensitive" to scratches. I absolutely want a cover very soon.

7. HP3000HYD thread starter macrumors newbie

HP3000HYD

great news

8. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

Oh well :) If the touch can last a few years while still having decent battery life I'm happy :eek:

9. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Should still be in perfect shape. Sept 2008 hasn't even gotten here yet :D

10. Evilblobs macrumors newbie

The device is pretty heavy-

so, i've dropped it a couple times, and twice its landed on a corner with the anodized aluminum (around the screen), and basically smashed it in a bit. So avoid dropping it there.

The screen itself is very durable, first touch only had a few minor scratches (tiny) and could only see them in very bright reflections. Second touch's (first had dead pixels all over, non in second, 8 months later) screen is still perfect

The brushed back will look like crap (unless you put a case on it) no matter what you try to do, after about.... 10 minutes.