Goftrey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 20, 2011
1,853
72
Wales, UK
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?
 

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
126
0
North Carolina
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?

Ask it "Y u no love me?!" and if it doesn't answer shock it back.
 

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
2,147
3
1. What are you doing pressing iPods against you lips.
2. Your overreacting.
3. What you felt wasn't an electric shock but rather static electricity from the metal back of the iPod.
4. If it was a real electric shock believe me it would of felt a lot worse than just a "prick".
 

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
1,929
1
Developer land
i think it was just static shock - it happened to me alot when i charged/charging my ipod touch (1st gen).*


*(not sure why you got stupid responses)
 

rodsparks

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
1
0
Re iPod Touch Electric Shock

You may have received a shock from the iPod.

My son received a shock while charging the an iPod Touch 4G, while turning off a light.

I can replicate the voltage reliably with a voltmeter. When the iPod Touch is being charged by dongle, the case when grounded produces 31V, on the AC setting off an autoranging multimeter.

Also, all 4 Touch 4g's purchased a t Christmas are the same way, and my Iphone as well.

I will attempt to try this with a different dongle.
 

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
8,929
1,611
New England, USA
Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick. What shall I do? Put up with the electric shocks and take it like a man or smash it to bits with a sledgehammer and feed it to the Chiwawa next door?

The Chiwawa might come from Chihuahua.:D
 

0000757

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
3,894
849
It's called static shock. It happens with a lot of things, particularly metal things.

Hey guys, another damn problem with one of my Apple products, my iPod Touch 1st gen 16gb has been absolutely super since I got it, until I plugged it into my iBook G3 today and touched the small chrome strip between the bezel and the antenna with my top lip (as you do) and it shocked me! It didn't hurt, it just gave a little prick.

No...no, I'm not sure I do at all....
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.