iPod Touch, embedded lyrics

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bdsmyth, Nov 7, 2007.

1. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Having an older iPod nano I made use of the lyrics section to keep track of the individual songs on the various podcasts I downloaded. Now on the iPod touch there is no way to view the embedded lyrics on a song.

Does anyone out there know if there is an application that you can use to view the lyrics of the currently playing song? Why apple removed this feature I've no idea, it was really useful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

What I do is use the Contacts app to copy lyrics to, and also a picture of the album, along with the name, and such. Works for now, until Apple enable lyrics.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

That is an interesting, completely un-thought-of (by me) solution. If there were a way to automate this, I might be interested...but it doesn't seem like there would be.

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Apple just really needs to add lyrics support to the Touch and iPhone.

I would imagine that it is coming sooner or later, they are probably working up a proper interface for it. It could be great since you have the larger screen to work with...

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I would have also imagined that proper lyrics display is coming to iTunes eventually. Having to Cmd-I and not be able to switch tracks (and have the lyrics switch, too) is stinky.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030