Ipod touch error with update IOS4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shavava, Jun 25, 2010.

1. shavava macrumors newbie

hi,

i tried to update my ipod 2g with the new update, and it was nearly finished and then it said "Error-9908" can anyone help me because now i cant even use my ipod at all.

It says connect to itunes and when i do it just says ipod in the middle of the devices screen when i have my ipod connected.

It looks as if it has been wiped but i cant even go on it ( it is just stuck on the connect to itunes screen)

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yea I'm having the same issue. Tried to update from 3.1.2, but now no firmware will install. My iTouch 2G seems to be stuck in recovery mode. I've tried upgrading to 4.0, downgrading to 3.1.1, restoring to 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, but nothing works. It is unusable until I install some firmware on it. Whenever I turn it on, it is stuck at the connect iPod to iTunes screen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3. shavava thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks but i dont think that works, i tried it but i cant find this litte yellow triangle they are on about.

i think i will just have to take it into a apple store unless there is any other way

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

5. shavava thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Nvm I fixed it by restoring on my Windows 7 side.

7. allejo macrumors newbie

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp