ipod touch, external hard drive, and computer besides mine

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by snyper, Sep 18, 2011.

1. snyper macrumors newbie

I was curious if it was possible to take music from my original computer drive, transfer it to an external drive, and then have itunes from a computer besides the original read the files. Why i need to do this is a real long story but any help would be appreciated. :d

thanks

2. snyper thread starter macrumors newbie

3. skywalkerluke macrumors newbie

I am kinda confused.

I will try to help if I understand this right...

Your original Hard drive is from an old/ past computer? Is it hooked up to a computer now? You would need a computer to copy a hard drive files over to the External Hard drive.

Why not just take the Original Hard drive and hook it into your new/other computer?

4. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

You want to transfer music from your computer's internal HD to a external HD and then back to another computer's internal HD?

5. snyper thread starter macrumors newbie

my apologies

i apologize i wasnt clear at all. My computer at work with my 30 GB of music has crapped out. i have the files backed up on my external drive. my girlfriend has a computer that has her itunes on it. can i log into my account through her itunes and point it to my external drive. if this is elementary i apologize. i am quite green when it comes to computers.

thanks

6. skywalkerluke macrumors newbie

Yes/kinda under the store tab you can authorize her computer to play music you bought with your iTunes account. You can only authorize 5 computers with your account at a time. Depending on how you did your iTunes backup You may not have your playlists saved.

Hope this helped :D