Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkd123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Hey everyone,
Had some freak incident happen to my 16 Gb Touch last night - plugged it in to sync and charge, and it just died mid-sync. Thought the battery might be really drained, so I left it alone for a while and still no response. Tried holding down the buttons to reset, no response. It almost seems as if something in the power management system just blew, because there's no sign of life in it at all.

So here's the question - I live in St. John's, Newfoundland away from any Apple stores; however, I'm leaving in 3 hours to drive to Montreal for the weekend (yes, worst time to lose an iPod...syncing the ol' reliable 3G now!) and I just discovered that there's a store in Laval that I can reach by subway.

So, from anyone's experience, is this the type of issue where I would go to the store this weekend, see someone at the genius bar, they'd say 'yep, it's screwed' and i'd walk out with a new one? Or would they hold it, send it back and expect me to pick it up there in a week or something (which I can't do, because I'll be home by then?)

Or is it just easier to save myself the subway ride and order the repair online?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (especially before i hit the road!)

John

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
With a touch, unless it is an SW issue, they will most likely replace it. Bring a laptop with you to sync it too :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.