Ipod Touch Falls When Cold

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by meyer1131, Jan 2, 2009.

1. meyer1131 macrumors regular

When I was outside in the cold, I was taking my phone out of my pocket. When I did so, my ipod touch, which did not have a case on that moment, was also in the same pocket; therefore, the ipod touch fell out of my pocket in the midst of the situation. I have a minor scratch, but the bigger problem is that my ipod touch has become drastically slower and the some applications freeze up when I go into them. Usually, I do have a case for my ipod touch. However, this was the one time I did not have it on. So please help me out because this is a brand new ipod touch from Christmas.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wow that sucks. Well I still don't see how a fall could result in the OS running slower (the ipod has no moving parts)?. :rolleyes:

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i also don;t see how it would affect your OS, maybe it did slow down and by coincidence this happened right after the fall, try a hard reset, or maybe even a full restore through itunes...

4. meyer1131 thread starter macrumors regular

The hard reset works again. It just needed to be recharged and shut off for a little while. Thanks guys, your the best.

5. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Interesting. I have heard that the OS slows down in cold temperatures. Might have been something to do with that?

6. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

All those little electrons freeze in place in the cold [​IMG]

Cold might drop the battery output, but that should go back up once the Touch warms up.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85