iPod Touch 'FASTER' than iPhone 3G? Say Wha?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Indy21, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Dunno if this was a known peice of information yet or not but:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/11/23/2nd-generation-ipod-touch-faster-than-iphone/

I don't know about you but this sorta pisses me off, why cant they both just have the same speedy processor?

I'm still getting an iphone but now I wonder if I shouldn't wait another 7 months to see if there is an upgraded "as fast" version.

Thoughts?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Interesting

Sure I read somewhere that the iPhones where faster than the original Touch, not the same

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

You should wait until they release the 24Ghz version with 12GB of RAM and 1.5TB of memory in July 2015.

Hopefully this will be fast enough for you.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Makes sense to me. Even with this difference the Touch STILL has better battery life than the iPhone. I don't want an iPhone with even worse battery life.

Once other components like the 3G chip get more efficient, then sure. But not now.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Who cares? Its not tit-for-tat here. The iPhone does things just fine. It will probably get the updated processor when it makes sense on the whole. People need to realize that more goes into a computer of any type than "how fast can we make it," "how much storage space can we shove in there?" In the overal function the touch and the iPhone are very similar, but in the design and what actually needs to get shoved into their respective small spaces they are rather different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.