iPod Touch film: glossy or anti-glare?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mpb2000, Oct 3, 2009.

1. mpb2000 macrumors regular

I am going to install a protective film on the front of my new ipod touch and I have both the glossy and anti-glare. What do people usually prefer: the glossy, which basically makes the screen look just as it would without a film, or the anti-glare, which reduces glare (obviously) and reduces fingerprints? I don't want to lose any clarity or anything when I apply the film, so I'm a little wary of the anti-glare. On the other hand, I don't know how bad the glare and fingerprints are on the ipod touch.

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

I've used the anti glare film with mine for over a year. No smudges, no glare, virtually no effect on subjective image quality in normal conditions.

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

glossy looks cooler no doubt, but if you're even close to being as anal as I am with fingerprints and having a spot-free screen, then Anti-Glare is the way to go.

4. honeytoast macrumors regular

I took the anti-glare off of my 3G after having it on from day 1 and also day 1 of my 1G and I cannot believe the difference. The colors are so much more vibrant without it. I will not go back to the anti-glare again. The anti-glare makes everything a little more dull. It is a trade off I am not willing to make. Apps look amazing now. I may put on a glossy screen protector but nothing matches the feel of a naked screen.