ipod touch films

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by ikklejo, Jan 10, 2008.

1. ikklejo macrumors regular

Hi,
    Is there a way of having the bonus(extra) stuff which you get on dvds onto the ipod touch??
    Cos when i rip and convert it just does the film??
    Thanks
    J

2. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Not included in the movie file. If using handbrake you can rip the bonus chapters separately and do it that way. Come to think of it there is prob a way to "attach" the bonus footage on the end of the movie file. Im not sure if there is an automated process to do that or you would have to edit the file in say, iMovie. Perhaps someone else can point you in the direction for that.

3. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that, i do use handbrake so ill have a go!:)
    When watching one of the films the sound keeps going funny not in time with the film anyone else had this?

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I havent watched any movies yet but the TV shows i have, the audio and video synced perfectly. It could be an isolated incident, have you tried another film?

5. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

yeah the others i have seem to work ok so far, i may have to rip it again!? its always the one you want on there the most isn't!!! there are 2 others i tried that didnt even rip let alone convert so i could watch them which is a shame:(

6. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

It's the way of the world :p So the other movies looked like they went through the process but didnt rip or they simply refused to even start ripping?

7. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

No one started to rip and then it came up saying delete or pad vob (i think thats the word!) i used mac the ripper. i choose pad once but when it come to convert and i watch the film was all in the wrong order, it was very strange!!
    The other didnt even start?

8. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Oh well i have some good news for you. That whole Mac the Ripper step youve been using, you dont have to! Simply pop in your DVD, open up Handbrake, click Source, select the DVD, select the iPhone template, and click start. One step and your movie will be ripped and converted with one click of the mouse. If youre ripping a TV show dvd, you can even queue up every chapter you want to rip and run it. Therefore, you dont have to keep coming back to your Mac to start the next one. Handbrake is truly a wonderful piece of software.

9. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

oh ok i will give that a try next, thanks very much:)

10. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44