iPod touch first gen wont wake up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Art2Fly, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Art2Fly macrumors newbie

Well, My first generation ipod touch is having some problems. My son stepped on it by accident and cracked the screen, but the screen works fine as far as touch and display. But the most peculiar thing is, that if i put the ipod to sleep for long periods of time (maybe like 10 minutes) I can't turn it on again untill i connect it to my computer, which by then immediately makes it turn on. When it turns on, the display says it has battery and it does as i can use it for long period of times until i put it to sleep for a while. What can i do to fix this? I don't think its a battery problem, but if someone here that knows more than I can enlighten me i give you my thanks.

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I don't know if you've restored it or rebooted the whole iPod yet, but try that first. If that fails, take it to the Genius Bar and see if they can fix it. You can try Googling the symptoms and see if there are any alternate solutions, and if all fails then there's probably no way to fix it. If its under warranty or you bought AppleCare then you're fine regardless.