Ipod Touch FM Transmitters

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by hwa786, Mar 23, 2009.

1. hwa786 macrumors newbie

I have a 2nd Gen Ipod Touch. Looking for a great reliable fm transmitter. There are sooo many out there. Dont know which one to go for...help please

2. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

There are lots of expensive ones out there, but I got one similar to this on eBay and have been happy with it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FM-Transmitter-...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

The sound isn't crystal clear, but it's listenable and good enough for as often as I use it.
    One bonus is that I can use this to transmit to any FM radio/receiver in my house too. Some of the expensive ones (I think) are powered by a cigarette lighter cord only, so they're only good in the car.

3. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I usually recommend to avoid using FM transmitters at any cost. This is because a lot of radio stations pop up out of nowhere and a frequency you have been using for months is now static and hard to hear your music. Not to mention you deteriorate the quality of the music down enough that it can be worse than actual FM stations.

I'd recommend using a Tape deck or Aux input.

But if you must know what good FM transmitter to use, I'd recommend sticking with the company that started selling them for iPods, Belkin. They tend to be between 40-80 USD, but you get good quality and a good warranty on them.

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I use the Belkin TuneBase in my car-

[​IMG]

I've been overall pleased with it. You do pick up interference at times and such but overall it's been surprisingly reliable.

Auxiliary cable connected to your car stereo is still the better option but if you want an alternative, the TuneBase is a good choice.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I have the NeoTouch case. Do you have any idea if the Touch will fit in this transmitter with the case on?