iPod touch for birthday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazydrumma, Jan 21, 2008.

1. crazydrumma macrumors regular

Hello everyone. My birthday is arriving soon, and my family has been asking me what I would like. I can't think of much, but I love the iPod touch. My problem is space. I have 12.55 gb of music in my iTunes library, which is pretty small. That would definitely fit on the 16 gb touch. However, I was wondering if there is going to be a 20gb and up that might head our way in the next few months. It would be nice to have a little cushion for expanding my library, and although 3.5gb is a decent cushion, 7.5 gb would be better. What do you think? Would it be safe to get? I just don't want the "Oh, I just got a new iPod, and the new one came out a month later." That happened with my Macbook pro.

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

No, updates seems unlikely. I don't think it's been that long since these were introduced. Go ahead and get one. Besides, unless you're totally obsessive about it, you won't need everything with you at one time. (BTW, I see you have a BB not a MBP)

3. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, had a macbook pro. 1.83 ghz first generation. However, after having it for a year and a half, a skateboard fell on the optical drive, killing the optical drive and smashing the trackpad. I took it to the apple store and it would have cost 1240.00 to fix. So, my parent's home owner's insurance covered it (which is strange since I've been away at college for two years), and I purchased a BB. Just for clarification.

4. thinkband macrumors regular

Buy it now. It is a good deal. I think sometime in October/November time we will see an update where the Touch might get 16gb base 32gb for an extra $100.

I just bought the Touch 16gb for christmas. It is a pretty cool piece of technology. Wifi works flawlessly, music sounds great (cept I bought some expensive headphones because the Apple ones suck), and frankly its pretty cool to have.

I have about 10gigs of music as well as a full movie (Ratatouie), 4 podcasts, and a few short videos. I also have 200 high resolution photos. I have 3 gigs to spare. I think this is plenty big and get it now to enjoy its features :)