Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
After installing jailbroken 1.1.3 on my iPod touch, wifi on it no longer works properly. Usually, you enter your wifi's password once and from then on you can simply turn on the wifi, then go straight to using safari, youtube, etc.. Now I have to enter my router's password every single time I turn on the iPod from sleep/off/wifi-off mode in order to access the wifi. In other words, my iPod isnt remembering my the password and I'm not willing to turn off my router security. Any help to solve this annoying issue is appreciated :)

VeryVito

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Now I have to enter my router's password every single time I turn on the iPod from sleep/off/wifi-off mode in order to access the wifi. In other words, my iPod isnt remembering my the password and I'm not willing to turn off my router security. Any help to solve this annoying issue is appreciated :)

Any solution to this yet? I'm having the exact same issue. In my case, I also added a new Airport router to the mix, but it works fine with all the other devices in the home.

For fun, I set the router to use "no security," but even then, the iPod had to be prompted to join the network. Aggravating as all hell.

jonb87

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
Ipod touch forgets wifi password

If you connect to another router that has the same SSID and a different WEP then the Ipod gets confused. Change your routers SSID and connect to it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.