Ipod touch from 2007?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by canadadude, Sep 25, 2010.

1. canadadude macrumors member

Can i download apps on this ipod?I have apps in my itunes folder but i dont have the app heading when i click on my ipod in side bar .So when i go to sync my ipod touch the apps wont show up?Does anyone know?The software version is 1.1.5

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

You'll need to update the software on the iPod first. Check for updates in iTunes, and it should tell you that 3.1.3 is available. Download it for an explosion of new features, as well as access to the App Store. You could always just leave it on 1.1.5 as a curiosity though - I can't imagine there are many devices left running 1.x.x :D

3. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I have a first-gen iPod Touch and although you can upgrade the OS, you'll find that almost all current-gen games run like molasses on it, if they even run at all.

Mine sits in our glovebox, permanently relegated to car jukebox status now. Its about all its good for really.

4. canadadude thread starter macrumors member

Update?

When i update it it says its up to date doesnt say anything about 3. whatever so not too sure ?

5. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

App support came in 2.x, and unfortunately the 2.0 and 3.0 upgrades aren't available from Apple anymore, however if you search the web you can probably find a firmware file (and how to install it) for 3.1.3. Good luck! :)

6. canadadude thread starter macrumors member

Firmware update?

can i not update this through itunes if i pay for it?Im not wanting to screw this thing up just want to be able to have a couple apps on it like using it for a remote for new apple TV?Can anyone walk me through this some how it would be greatly appreciated thanks

7. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

1. Find somewhere online to download the firmware. You're going to have to do this one on your own, but it's easy with a quick google search.
    2. Back up the iPod in iTunes.
    3. Option/Alt click "Restore" in iTunes
    4. Select the new firmware on the destination menu
    5. Wait for the iPod to reload, reboot, and resync.

8. canadadude thread starter macrumors member

Update?

i phoned apple and they sold me a download for 3.1.x or whatever for 5.85$$ i now have apps thabks everyone for your time

9. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Great. Enjoy apps.

10. Abscissa macrumors regular

Don't you find it odd that he ignored everything that was said? Haha - felixburns.de would have resulted in saving 6 bucks, but whatever.

11. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I would of stayed on 1.1.5
    The 1.XX firmwares are the sh**

12. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Not a bit. He seemed bent on calling Apple anyway, and I would like to have stopped him, but it's technically against the forum rules to link that site here.

13. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Mine has been turned into a great exercise companion. Still works great, and I'm not afraid of dropping it while working out. I think there's still plenty of use scenarios for these great first-gen devices. :)

14. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

I must admit 1gen was the best iPod touch in terms of build quality. I mean real glas cover with titanium bezel around it, screen not glued but perfectly screwed. It was all rock solid. I wish all iPod touch successors were built like this.

15. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Hmm, I don't think so. In fact, definitely not so.
    The bezel around my old 1st gen (I have since had a 2nd & 4th gen) was plastic, and I dropped it 3 times during it's life and it dented quite heavily on the "titanium" bezel...
    My 2nd gen I dropped a couple times and it *never* showed a dent, let alone a scratch. I'm yet to drop my brand new 4th gen.
    FYI, all 3 have lived in cases their whole lives.

16. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Ah,another first gen touch, I miss mine, I still remember when upgrading to 2.0.0 and thinking, wow this is so awesome. :) Now in 32GB 3G iOS 4.1. :D

17. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

This is not true, the bezel arond the screen was definetely not plastic, but some hard titanium or whatever, but not plastic. Plus, the glass, used for screen cover was real glass, not plastic used in 1gen successors. Not to mention it was all mounted by srews, not glue... That's why I think iPod touch 1gen was the best in terms of materials used and build quality among all iPods. There was absolutely no complaints about it's design and quality, as there are with iPod touch 4gen.