iPod Touch Full Viewing on a TV

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jman2003, Dec 26, 2007.

1. jman2003 macrumors member

Hi,
    Is there any way that i can display fully on my TV what is on my iPod Touch. So I can see what i am viewing on my ipod. For example, i am on the l's in my contacts, I see exactly what is on my ipod on my TV. Like in some of Steve Jobs' Keynotes. Please reply if you know the answer.

2. jman2003 thread starter macrumors member

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

4. aki macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you can't do this. At least you can't yet - I have seen many people ask for it so maybe they will change it in an update.

5. elitexero macrumors newbie

*sigh* This is the third thread I've come into to save the original poster from the people below them misleading them.

Yes apple sells AV cables. Yes it is compatible with the iTouch. Yes you can probably get them cheaper off ebay but make sure they support the touch.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=185CC5FE&nplm=MB129LL/A

6. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

How very nice of you. :rolleyes:

To the OP: It's indeed the Apple Composite AV Cable you need to connect the iPod touch to the TV. You need a new one. The old classic cable doesn't work with the iPod touch.

If you start a slideshow or a video, you have to decide if you want to see it on the iPod touch's screen or on the TV. There's no option to see it on both screens, and that's really sad. And you can't watch the calendar or contatcts on the TV.

7. aki macrumors 6502a

Erm hang on though, this person was asking about video mirroring, yeah? Or am I confused? You can't mirror the touch video right? You can only display the photo slideshows or output video files? Right? Coz if you can actually mirror that's very cool... ??