Ipod touch G3 or the iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applemike, Apr 11, 2010.

1. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

OK recently, my iPod touch (2G 8GB) the touch screen stopped working, so im in a dialemma, do i buy a new ipod touch, G3 32GB or do i wait the next 3 weeks, and buy a 32GB 3G iPad instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. hamlinspahn macrumors regular

Pocket

Do you need it to fit in your pocket is so iPod Touch, if not the iPad makes a lot of sense. Do you want or need 3g service if so the iPad wins.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I agree. Do you want something that fits in your pocket which can be taken with you wherever you go or a huge version of it which is harder to take with you due its size. Remember that 32GB 3G iPad is 729$ and 32GB iTouch is 299$, that's 430$ difference

4. JNickyJJ macrumors member

i would go for the ipad [​IMG] that is if you dont mind not being able to fit it in your pocket

5. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

Fitting in my pocket is not a massive concern.

basically, i use my ipod for watching movies/TV shows on the train to college everyday. and playing games in subway at lunch time etc. I dont use it as just an iPod alot, more for the screen and games aspect,

Personally i think im going to go for an iPad

6. d1975 macrumors newbie

I always like small size and light weight ipod. It's important to me.

7. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The touch, with the small screen, will give you more privacy.

8. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Movies and TV will be a lot more enjoyable on the iPad screen. But I wouldn't want to pull it out on the subway, unless you're sitting (can't balance it in one hand while straphanging) and aren't worried about displaying something other people might covet.:confused: