iPod touch gaming experience v iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thedollarhunter, Sep 27, 2011.

1. thedollarhunter macrumors member

Could anyone lucky enough to own both please let me know how the gaming experience differs between these two devices?

Cheers

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

They both use the same GPU and CPU, both of which are clocked the same on both devices; so from a framerate/graphics quality point of view they are equal.

3. Skika macrumors 68030

I had both for a short while. The ips screen on the ip4 has superior viewing angles, which can matter at motion controled games when you move the device alot. The Touch has a more appealing form factor for gaming.

As far as sheer graphics/performance they are the same.

My humble opinion/experience.

4. PercussiveScruf macrumors newbie

I owned an iPod touch 3rd Gen and an iPhone 3gs at the same time and I ran Order & Chaos (I think that's the name, the MMO haha) on both at the same time and the experience was extremely similar. Then I upgraded to an iPhone 4, which has a different processor and stuff, and there were significant improvements. Other than tech, it's all about which size of device you prefer to use.

5. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

as far as the experience goes, it is probably worth keeping in mind the mobility of the iphone when it comes to multiplayer games.

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Figures; same RAM, CPU, GPU etc.

7. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

For most part its the same. Both iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th gen have the same CPU and GPU. The only thing thats different are RAM (256MB on iPod Touch 4 and 512MB on iP4) and screen (IPS on iP4). You won't notice significant difference in performance except viewing angles which is poor on the iPod Touch.

8. skiltrip macrumors 68030

The RAM is the bottleneck. Definitely more lag and jerkiness on the iPod.

9. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22