iPod Touch gen. 1: New Earphones = ANNOYING

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by .michael, Sep 14, 2008.

1. .michael macrumors regular

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Make sure your headphone jack is all the way in. My wife had the same problem with her new Touch. Pushing the plug in farther solved her problem.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you'd read what it says on the Apple Store, the volume controls only work on the 2nd gen Ipod Touch, the iPhone, the 4th gen iPod Nano, and the latest gen iPod classic.

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Simply put, the first generation iPod touch only allows information to travel through the headphone jack in one direction: out. The new iPod touch and iPod nano as well as all iPhones allow information to travel in both directions, because they have a third contact in their jacks.

5. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

6. zackotronic macrumors newbie

i thought these headphones weren't even out yet?

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

8. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

yeah, it will be coming next month. but if you have earphone which is combined with calling, music pause and play, it works. actually I have Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi. it works with new ipod touch like music pause & play, backward, forward.

9. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

yeah, it will be coming next month. but if you have earphone which is combined with calling, music pause and play, it works. actually I have Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi. it works with new ipod touch like music pause & play, backward, forward. but remember. it is not working with first gen. touch.

10. Ceridwyn2 macrumors newbie

As one of the other posters commented, make sure the plug is all the way in. I'm using the earbuds that I had with my nano and work just fine - the ones for the new (to me) 1st gen 8gb Touch are still in the box.