Ipod Touch Gen1 stolen; need some help in protecting information etc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fencer hayato, Oct 11, 2010.

1. fencer hayato macrumors newbie

So long story short my Ipod got stolen.

I removed my payment information on my account, changed the password and changed the email as well.

I feel like the thief logged onto my aol at the moment because I just got a notification that said I'm logged onto multiple locations. I plan on purchasing a new Ipod touch within the month, is there anything else I should do? I dont plan on tracking down my ipod(unless its possible?) I just dont want him/her to make purchases with my account or screw around with my facebook/ipod chat and stuff. This thief also knicked my wallet as well(had to cancel my credit cards sigh).

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

If you have MobileMe, and it is enabled on the iPod, you can use the "Remote Wipe" feature to force-wipe the device. (You could also use it to find the device.) Barring that, call Apple. If you have the serial number (from the box, for example,) they *MAY* be able to do something, I don't know. (It might truly require MobileMe.)

3. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

You can inform apple with the Serial Number and have them list your iPod as stolen.

So (Hopefully) you're iPod may crash, and the theif may bring it in to get it fixed. The listing under that code will be labled "stolen" when they go in to put in a record for your iPod.

That's all I know. I'm not sure if I can help any more.