iPod Touch Genius Bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by youashwag, Oct 11, 2008.

1. youashwag macrumors regular

Everytime i want to make a genius playlist to a particular song that i also have a remix to it always uses the remix version as the first song and never the original i originally chose.

WHY??????

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

This has happened to me as well. I'll select Genius when playing the master version of a song, but for some reason it adds the alternate version to the start of the Genius playlist.

3. nohite macrumors member

I had the same problem but it seems that it's fixed a few days after the new iTunes update. It wasn't fixed immediately, but yesterday I noticed that iTunes was doing an automatic Genius database update, then after syncing with the ipod again, the problem went away.

Notice the new iTunes update states it fixes a bug for seamlessly playback of the genius playlist.

4. MichaelOH macrumors newbie

Hi All..

First time posting here...hope to resurrect this thread.

Purchased a new iPod classic a couple of weeks ago, and this is exactly what Genius does while it creates a playlist.

For example: if I am listening to Bob Dylan's "Absolutely Sweet Marie", from "Blonde on Blonde" and choose to create a genius playlist, it will choose a live version. The live version is from an album that alphabetically comes before "Blonde on Blonde"....and no matter what, Genius will always default to that version.

Any help? This is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Michael

5. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

You're allowed to post a new thread you know.