Ipod Touch Glitches That People Have Found

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mars478, Mar 7, 2008.

?

HAVE YOU FOND GLITCHES

1. YES

46.8%
  2. NO

53.2%
  1. Mars478, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I have discovered a few glitches in the iPod Touch. I was just wondering if any other people on this forum have found glitches with the iPod Touch!
    P.S. I edited this post because for some reason 2 years ago I decided to write in BLOCK CAPS which is not appealing to anyone. This thread is two years old so post wisely.

2. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

PLEASE DON'T shout :)

Typing in block caps is the same as shouting and is very difficult to read. I haven't found any glitches so far. There's some things I wish were there and some things I wish were a bit different but no glitches.

3. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

sorry the shift key on my ibook fell off and i dont want to have to capitalize so i usually just do that sorry..

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you have an Apple store near by, you should stop on and see if they have a replacement Shift key for you. I found some on eBay and in google too...

Can't imagine having a missing key on my iBook...

5. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I've downloaded several of the free videos from iTunes with no problem. Works fine for me.

6. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

That's quite all right! I noticed only the last few threads have been done like that. :)

7. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

8. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

wait you've downloaded them on your touch?! The iTunes store on the touch is only music

9. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Not directly to the touch. Download to your music folder from iTunes store, then sync to the touch.

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

11. bamber123 macrumors newbie

tracks over art

go into iPod/Music, start playing a track.
    touch skip, then flip the album art round (button in top right) to view the list of tracks.
    doing this can make a track list 'stick' behind other track lists. Difficult to explain, but easy to reproduce on your touch(/phone?). If it doesn't work, just mess around with the skip and flip buttons until it goes weird.

to fix, just hit home.

12. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Doesn't the iBook have two shift keys?

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yup, I found that one too. It was very strange since I did it by accident, while I was trying to show my friend something on my iPod. But hitting home fixed it, and then I made some comment about if that had happened on a Zune it would have given you a blue screen :eek:

14. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

My iPod Touch has an issue when trying to play music videos. It starts to load the video, and then it just goes back to the list of videos. It's pretty annoying. It also crashes on Safari constantly; i've restored it before, but that didn't help. I'm gonna wait for Apple to update the software again, and hopefully that will help.

Mine does this as well. Also, when flipping the Touch into coverflow, it just sits there. Doesn't flip back around to standard view. Just a lot of annoying glitches.

15. jakeuff macrumors newbie

you can get movies and TV shows on iTunes i just checked on my iPod:apple:

16. The General macrumors 601

17. mokie3 macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch makes a bell sound or some kind of random tune lasting maybe a second or two. I've looked through all the alarms and the sound it makes isn't one of them. I also know I don't have any reminders set or anything of the sort. I just heard it today after about a year of it not doing it and my mom was a witness so I'm not going crazy! It happens even when not in use. Does anybody know what this is? :confused:

18. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Can't view sample videos in iTunes, if I play it, it'll pause. If I keep pressing play, it just pauses. Can't post YouTube comments sometimes, it'll say "YouTube Not Available". The Top Tens menu in iTunes used to be blank, but it's fixed now.

19. MorgenTee macrumors newbie

I would also like to know what is up with those bells that you can hear every now and then from the iTouch. Is Apple trying to condition us like Ivan Pavlov did with his dogs? ;) (Look it up on wikipedia if you don't know it)

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

no issues at all on 32gb ... 1,935 songs and 18 full length movies ... I am always switching up the movies too ... works like a dream

21. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You all know that this thread is over two years old.

22. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Oh, you're good.

23. battlekid macrumors regular

The keys can get messed up.... Hard to explain, but when typing the keys get "mapped" wrong. Like you press "g" and it thinks you are pressing "b"... Or "r". Very annoying, as when I'm IM'ing someone quickly it gets very frustrating. It seems to happen when you switch the language. Then it goes away if you switch it again a few times. Weird glitch. iOS 4.1, iPod Touch 4G. Was doing it brand new, out of the box. Very weird glitch.

24. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Confirmed in 4.2.0 GM. Happens after switching to Emoji and back before it fully loads.

25. pimpfighterROQ macrumors newbie

I found one glitch that is useful. Uhm when you play a video like a movie or something from your library, then press home...It'll stop whatever you were playing right? but if you double press the home button to bring up the multi-tasking bar, go to the ipod controls and press play. It'll play the video in the background just as if you were playing a song!! lol. It's a nice glitch for me, especially when you just want to listen to Dave Chapelle comedy standups without actually watching the video lol.