IPod Touch Gmail issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by flyweed, Apr 25, 2011.

1. flyweed macrumors newbie

Hi all

I know this some subject has been addressed a number of times, but I still can't get my Gmail on my Ipod Touch.

I set up my gmail account to enable both IMap and POP, so both are enabled..and I set up my Gmail account info on my Ipod touch....the first screen I got was cannot connect via SSL, would you like to connect not using SSL...so I clicked YES on that....it thought for a while longer, then I got yet another pop up screen saying

"the IMAP server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

Can anyone help me out???????

Thanks
    :confused:

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Are you using the Google app?

If not, download that, and it should be pretty easy to get set up.

3. flyweed thread starter macrumors newbie

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

You'll love it. It's a really nicely done app. They just upgraded it, and it may be worthwhile for you to watch a short video that shows everything it can do.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You might like the Gmail as exchange option. Delete the Gmail account that you created, and create a new account as Microsoft Exchange on the iPod. Username is your complete email address, password is your normal password. Leave domain blank. When you click next, it will pop up a box for server. Enter m.google.com and click done.

This method allows for auto calendar and contact syncing as well :). This way, you also have mail push that is a bit faster than even Gmail's web interface.

6. drkeng macrumors newbie

this happened to me. also on my ipad2 when I tried to set it up at the apple store. here's what worked for me (solution found by someone at store):

reset the password to something else....TWICE. then later, you can go back to your original password. I had changed the password to "apple" so they could help me without knowing my pw. after one more switch, it worked.

crazy, but true. good luck!

7. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

I actually use the gmail webapp which is really nice, you can also view emails offline with that. just go to gmail.com on your ipod log in and click the plus button to add to your home screen.

8. Thisis macrumors newbie

using Gmail App, or re-setup your iPod touch with your Grid-Service Dedicated-Virtual Server email account using the preferred IMAP protocol.

9. flyweed thread starter macrumors newbie

well downloaded the Gmail App and it works flawlessly...but I just can't understand why it won't work the other way, with the Gmail mailing client already installed on the Ipod.:confused::confused::confused:

Oh well..I have the App installed and it works just fine.

Dan

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Mail works perfectly with gmail in my case. Not sure what you've done wrong.

11. MadDragon1846 macrumors regular

Same here, I have no problems with gmail.

12. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Same here. Really odd.