IPod Touch going to sleep automatically when playing music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trunter, Nov 29, 2008.

1. trunter macrumors newbie

Hi, I need some help regarding my IPod Touch. Recently, I don't know why but my IPod Touch will automatically shut down the music player when I'm playing music. When the device is locked the music will stop automatically, and when it's not it will go to sleep mode even though I'm still using the music player. My firmware is 1.1.4.

The strange thing is the time taken for the device to go to sleep (or rather stop playing music) differs from time to time. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes, sometimes 10 minutes, and sometimes even 5 minutes. Just recently it stopped immediately after I started playing the music. And even when I'm not playing any music but just browsing through the songs, it will also be locked sometimes.

This doesn't happen when I'm playing videos or doing other things with my ITouch. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it the firmware problem, and is it necessary to send for repair?

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I doubt its a hardware problem of any sort, most likely firmware. I would suggest that you upgrade to the latest firmware (2.2). You are missing out on lots of great features of 2.2. More stability, app store, much more. Chances are when you upgrade, your problem will go away. Plus, if you're on a jailbroken iPod Touch, you can still jailbreak 2.2.